Did you know that a power strip can actually burn your house down.  After a power surge in the house caused by a thunderstorm, we notice that one of our power strips had completely melted and had blackened the laminate flooring.  All the devices that were plugged in still were on and working just fine, but the power strip had a huge black melt down where it had caught fire.  We replaced that power strip with a “First Alert” surge protector that brags about extra fire prevention measures.  The one that melted was built by Belkin and said it was UL listed.  Don’t overload your cheap power strips.